You work with a coach because you really want something: a problem solved, a dream realized. But why work with a coach when you could do it some other way, such as working on your own, or following a self-help book, or teaming up with a friend? Here are a few reasons:
- You want to see and understand and be who you are, instead of believing what other people say or what you tell yourself. A coach acts as a mirror, with no judgment. A coach asks you the hard questions you don’t ask yourself and no one else does. A coach validates and acknowledges you, rather than judges you. A coach helps you find your own answers.
- You want someone to challenge you. Ralph Waldo Emerson said “Our chief want in life is somebody who will make us do what we can." A coach holds you accountable to create and take action, a step at a time or part of a plan. A coach challenges you to overcome obstacles, and to stretch further than you can on your own.
- You can do work with a coach that you might find challenging to do with your manager or your family or a friend. A coach is objective, with no agenda other than what you want to accomplish.
- A Core Energy™ Coach helps you dig deeply into the factors that influence your energy and engagement – both positively and negatively – and find a way to shift your energy to achieve what you want.
- A certified professional coach has demonstrated experience with specific practices and tools to do all of this work, in a variety of different contexts, to help you achieve your goals, to help you grow from “functional” to “optimal”.
Not everyone needs a coach, or is ready for one. You are ready when you are willing to do whatever it takes to create the change you want.
Coaching is not medical, psychiatric, psychological or behavioral health care advice, diagnosis or treatment or a substitute for consultation with a qualified health care or mental health care professional.